June 24, 2008
You can use the Feed Viewer gadget to get all the posts (including texts and pictures) from this blog and have it displayed on your SideShow device. Here’s how:
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for this site in Internet Explorer
- Install the Feed Viewer gadget from the Live Gallery
- Open the SideShow Control Panel
- Click on the Feed Viewer gadget name
- There should be a checkbox labeled “Ed’s SideShow Gadget Blog”. Check it.
- Close that gadget settings window.
- There should be a new gadget listed as “Ed’s SideShow Gadget Blog”. Enable it.
- The content from the blog should now be on your device.
These steps work for all RSS feeds, but what content could be more compelling?
June 24, 2008
I’m now soliciting requests for SideShow gadgets… I’d like to hear your ideas about what gadgets you would find most useful and compelling. I’d like to take some of the best ideas, code them up, and then publish them to the Live Gallery as free downloads.
Please add your suggestions as comments to this post.
June 23, 2008
Version 1.0.2 of the WoW Armory gadget has been posted to the Live Gallery.
This build contains fixes for a problem with the friends list and other minor issues.
June 19, 2008
I’m pleased to announce that 2 more gadgets are available on the Live Gallery. These were both authored by Tammy Smith.
World Daylight Map gadget – Displays the sun rise and set all over the world in real-time. Data provided by www.die.net. *note: the gadget name is incorrect and a fix has been submitted *
Moon Phase gadget – Watch the phase of the moon in real time
Many thanks to Tammy for getting these released!
June 14, 2008
The WoW Armory gadget for Windows SideShow is now available at:
Click here to download from the Live Gallery
- Shows your WoW character’s armory data on your Windows SideShow device
- Character information (level, guild, base stats, etc)
- Character pic
- Full inventory with item pics and stats
- Talent tree breakdown
- Support for your main character and up to 10 friends
- Updates every 6 hours or on demand
- Many more features coming soon, such as notifications of level, rep, and gear changes
- Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows SideShow device or simulator
Note: If you like this gadget, I suggest installing the Feed Reader gadget also and using it for your favorite WoW RSS feeds, such as WoW Insider (pictured in the last screenshot).
Don’t have a Windows SideShow device?
Click here to learn how to use Windows SideShow on your Windows Mobile device
June 13, 2008
The good folks over at the Windows SideShow Team Blog have posted all the details on a new Windows SideShow Gadget Contest. Grand prize is a Dell XPS 420 SideShow-enabled desktop. Check it out.
June 12, 2008
One of the more under-utilized features of the Logitech G-15 keyboard has to be its support for Windows SideShow. If you’re running Windows Vista (32 bit), along with the latest software for the device from Logitech, you should have this feature already.
Make sure Windows SideShow is enabled in the Logitech GamePanel software. Then download gadgets from the Live Gallery.
Not all gadgets work as well on this type of device, but here are some that I recommend: